Sunday, July 17, 2011

Just Peachy

I've been all about peaches this summer and have tried some new recipes!

My friend Jori always makes the best salads! I asked her for a good salad recipe and she gave me her peach salad recipe. I made it for our neighborhood supper club. It was the perfect addition to our meal.

Spinach
Toasted pecans (bake on 350 for 7-10 minutes)
Sliced peaches
Poppyseed dressing

Poppyseed Dressing
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup cider vinegar
4 1/2 tsp grated red onion
3 tsp ground mustard
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup vegetable oil



Brown Sugar Cinnamon Peach Pie (adapted from Southern Living)

2 Pillsbury Pie Crusts
8 large fresh, firm, ripe peaches
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp salt
1 1/2 Tbsp butter, cut into pieces
1 large egg, beaten
1 1/2 Tbsp granulated sugar
1/4 cup flour

1. Peel peaches and cut into 1/2 inch thick slices, cut slices in half. Stir together brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Add flour. Mix. Add peaches, stirring to coat. Place pie crust into pie pan. Immediately spoon mixture into pie plate on top of crust. Dot mixture with 1 1/2 Tbsp. butter. (Do not make before hand or it will become too juicy).
2. Place 2nd crust on top of mixture. Crimp the edges. Cut slits for steam to escapte. Brush the top with beaten egg and sprinkle with sugar.
3. Bake on 350 for 45 minutes. Cover loosely with aluminum foil.
*Serve with vanilla ice cream sprinkled with candied toasted pecans.

I made this for 4th and I was excited about how it turned out.



My fabulous "neighbor", Rebekah, made us a fresh peach pound cake! Yum!!

1 1/2 cups cooking oil
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
3 cups self-rising flour
3 cups peaches, peeled and chopped
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
1 cup coconut

Mix in order given. Pour into greased bundt cake pan. Bake 1 hour at 350. Cool completely. Then spoon icing over cake.

Cream cheese frosting
3 oz. cream cheese
6 tsp peach juice puree (1 peach in blender)
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

I also have a peach smoothie downtown at the Farmer's Market. While I don't have the exact recipe, my favorite food website has a peach recipe! They also have a tutorial for peeling peaches, which isn't always the most fun!

Have a peachy day! :)

*Now, I will be going to the gym a lot more about all these peach treats! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment