Friday, August 2, 2013

Five on Friday


Thanks to Darci , Natasha and friends for hosting another fun round of 5 on Friday!

Things have been slow going around here these days! We are just soaking in the last bit of summer. I am a part-time teacher so I only have one more full week until staff training! I love my school and job but it is bittersweet for summer to have passed by so quickly! I have truly loved being on a more laid back schedule and just enjoying these babies! I am very blessed to have a job that gives me a lot of time at home as well. Owen loves his "school" and can't wait to get back to his friends! But I digress...let's talk 5 on Friday!!

One: Mix and Match Mama had this fabulous dinner on her foodie blog this week! Chipotle and Corn Chicken and Waffles! I made these for the boys and substituted eggs for the chicken for me! It was delicious, healthy and something fun to try this summer! Seth said it was his new favorite meal!




Two: In a crazy sequence of events, these pretty little toes will all be meeting up again on the streets of NYC in a few months! Last year, we had a blast eating our way through NYC, chasing celebrities, and running across Manhattan (me being 7 months pregnant) trying to get to the airport! Can't wait to see the excitement that will occur this year!! 


Three: New neighbors!! Well, we are the "new" ones-not them but after a year of living in our house, we have recently ventured across the street (our house is sort of to itself-not in a neighborhood) but there's a side street. Anywho, I have been able to meet several of the neighbors and their kiddos! One of the neighbors and I have several friends in common! She also loves sewing and crafting-so I know we are going to have fun! She is planning a craft night! We had her and her sweet family over for dessert! Owen loved playing with her kids! Wish I wouldn't have waited a year to go over!

Four: MONOGRAM MACHINE!!

Grandma Standridge is letting me use her monogram machine and I couldn't be more excited!! I took my first class at Bernina Sewing Center and am happily planning to monogram anything and everything in the house!!

Five: Tonight we are heading over to the Arts District for their First Friday open studios! They are having the taco truck there as well as salsa dancing! I think it's time for the kids to learn how to salsa, right?

Happy Friday!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment