Sunday, June 28, 2015

Charleston and a celebration

Owen and I made a quick 24 hour trip to Charleston to spend time with my family and to celebrate my niece, Juliana's first birthday in heaven. Even though it was so quick, we had a wonderful time!! 



Dinner at Red's on Shem Creek 




Being in Charleston after the shootings at Emmanuel AME, I could feel the strength and the community bond. I realized that the places we spend time and immerse ourselves in become part of us and who we are. Thankful to have lived in this treasure for a bit. 



Owen and I HAD to go collect a few shells and get our toes in the sand while we were there. 





Next up- putt putt, go carts and games at Blackbeard's Cove. Thinking that was one of Owen's most favorite days! 


He got a hole in one on the first try! 


First time riding go-carts


Nana gone wild


Boulevard Diner 



Stopped by Boone Hall Farms to pick up a few tomatoes and a plant for my sister 



Emily was able to donate several things to CrossBridge Ministries (where she stayed last year). She planned such a wonderful celebration for Juliana, even with a cake and released a balloon up to heaven for her.  We all miss her and wish we could've held her and kissed her on her birthday. We know that the ONE who created her is holding her and has completely healed her heart.  


I loved being able to go on a little adventure with Owen. Seeing him carry his Lightning McQueen suitcase broke my heart a little as I know in a blink of an eye he will be off to college with a much bigger suitcase. (Although he says he doesn't want to go to college, he wants to stay home with his mommy and daddy!) 








1 comment:

  1. What a fun Monmy and Son trip! Can't wait until Mark is bigger so I can do one with him!

    ReplyDelete