Thursday, August 29, 2013

A Date with Dierks


Hello Friday friends, it's been a few weeks since I've been able to join in with Darci and friends for the Friday festivities! With school starting up and lots of going out of town...I haven't been able to get my act together...But I thought I'd share a little about my "date" with Dierks Bentley and some other news from our weekend in Nashville! 

ONE: Our friends, the Perrins, were in town scoping out the town too...so it was so fun to spend a little time with them and our babies! Isn't Hayden the cutest little guy? LOVE HIM!! Love the cute little lady beside him too!!



TWO: Everyone else was busy on Saturday, so I took the kiddos to explore Nashville! We met some of the nicest people!! We crashed a child's birthday party at the park, shared french fries with a stranger (she was a very nice mom with her family--they had just brought out the fries and she was sweet to share with a cranky perfectly behaved toddler) at Burger Up, and met some new friends while devouring gourmet popsicles at La Paletas in 12 South.


We ended our fantastic day with the babes taking a dip in the whirlpool!



THREE: The Nashville Zoo is awesome! Love how much space the animals have to roam around! Poor little Owen had to walk and by the end, he was saying "my feet are tired". 



FOUR: SWEETNESS! Owen looked at me and said "Thank you for bringing me to the zoo, Mommy"! So, right after that I took him straight to get him this...


Totally acceptable at 10 a.m., right? 

And speaking of sweet...



FIVE: DINNER WITH DIERKS!! So after a long day at the zoo, we all decided to go grab a quick dinner at a local mexican restaurant. Tracee, Tony, and I were checking out the menu (and waiting on Seth and Owen) when a family came in. I noticed the lady because she had two little girls and was pregnant! THEN...I made eye contact with her husband (I told Seth we couldn't help it! It just happened!) And then I realized it was famous country singer, DIERKS BENTLEY! He and his sweet little family got in line in front of us, ordered their food, and he even was on "Daddy duty" taking the girls to the potty and carrying around their little mermaid in his pocket! I had to contain the crazy country music lovin' fan in me...But...it just so happens that while Tra snapped a photo of Seth and I, he was in the background...(sorry Dierks...I know it's not the most flattering picture of you but we were just dern excited!) 


Hope all of you have a very relaxing weekend cheering on your favorite college team-GO TIGERS! 





2 comments:

  1. OMG I LOVE Dierks Bentley... how freaking cool! Did you guys talk to him?!?!? He hasn't had any new music in a while, I don't think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. EEEK! I applaud you for not freaking out :p I would have taken about 10 photos with him in the background haha! MMM funnel cakes are sooo good!
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete