Monday, May 12, 2014

Introducing...


Our new pup, Sophie Pearl! After Mollie passed away, we knew that we wanted to give another pup a forever family to love. I had been looking at pups online for a few weeks and with all the restrictions that some groups have, I wasn't sure if we would ever find another pup! But the stars aligned on this one! 

Seth was in Nashville last Thursday and I saw her picture on Petfinder that day. I didn't think there was any way of filling out the application and contacting the rescue group in time for Seth to see her that day. Well, it was meant to be because even though the lady was out of town she called me back quickly and allowed Seth to go see her at the vet where she was being boarded. Sophie is a West Highland Terrier. Seth wasn't too sure about her breed and wasn't too thrilled about going to see her! Well, that all changed! She had him wrapped around her finger in no time! I had set another appointment for him to see another pup too but Sophie was the one! 

She has been very sweet and just wants to be loved. I have been emotional missing Mollie and not wanting it to see like she has been "replaced". Mollie will always have such a special place in my heart. She was my best friend and I miss her everyday. 

There are too many animals out there that need a home and we also wanted Owen to experience having his "own" dog. Mollie and Sadie have always been my dogs and they love Owen but we hope that he and Sophie will have an even closer relationship. 

We surprised him with her and he was thrilled!! 

Sadie and Louie on the other hand aren't too excited but they are getting used to each other! 

Sophie is set to start puppy obedience school next week! It is strange to have a puppy after 9 years! We are used to lazy pups who just sleep most of the time! 


2 comments:

  1. Adorable!!!! So glad you gave this baby a home where she's going to be loved for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie!! Welcome to the family Sophie!!

    ReplyDelete