Thanks to Fancy Ashley for giving me the idea of a pie in a mini mason jar. Her mason jar pecan pie was delicious. We are having some new friends from church over for lunch and I wanted to try a mini apple pie! We loved it! If you need to take a treat to Thanksgiving dinner, this is a quick one!
You will need:
-Mini Mason jars
-Pie crust (I used Pillsbury)
-Apple Pie filling
-Cinnamon
-Whip Cream
*Preheat oven to 450 degrees
*Roll your pie crust out onto a flat surface. Because the jars are so small, I didn't have a rhyme or reason to cutting my dough. I just cut small pieces and patched it together to cover the inside of the jar.
*When your jar is covered with crust (The crust is my favorite!), spoon your pie filling about 3/4 of the way full. I added a pinch of cinnamon on top of each mini pie.
*I had extra pie crust, so I cut small rectangular pieces and made lattice across each jar.
*Place your mini pies in the oven. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until pie crust is golden brown and the filling is warm and bubbly
*When ready to serve, put a nice dollop of whip cream (or ice cream) Feel free to squeeze some extra whip cream directly into your mouth! I mean those cans are made for that!












Apple pie is my FAVORTIE pie!! Yum! Hope you had a good time with your friends! :)
ReplyDelete