Friday, February 7, 2014

Sunshine Award and working with George Clooney

My sweet blogging friend, Kristal tagged me for the Sunshine Award a while back. In the post, she has asked me to tell 11 random things about myself as well as answer some questions that she has for me. This is perfect because I feel that I am a pretty random person! Hope you learn some new things about me! :) I am also tagging Kelley, Leslie, and Vanessa for this Sunshine Award to continue this fun posting!

1. I'm a vegetarian and have been mostly for 10 years. During my pregnancies and while nursing, I did have a rare Chick-fil-a break. I became a vegetarian slowly- my roommate in college was a very healthy eater and she rubbed off on me. I still ate chicken and turkey but just did not really want it anymore. Now, I've read many things on food and with my love of animals, I have just given it up all together. And for the most part, I do not miss it! 

2. I love country music! My favorites are Sugarland and Carrie Underwood. Back in the days before babies, we went to a lot of concerts!! I had the chance to meet Carrie and Jennifer Nettles from Sugarland!




3. I once won a year supply of Hydrox cookies!

4. It is a rare occasion that I can find two matching socks to wear! 


5. I spent two months living in South Africa with Campus Outreach after I graduated college. We spent time on college campuses sharing the gospel and in orphanages. It was one of the best times of my life. Seth and I began dating while we were there and the rest is history;) 

6. I love planning things! I have had a planner since middle school. I love planning play dates, parties, etc.

7. I am obsessed with names! If I used all the names I love on babies, I'd have about 100 kids! :) It's a problem, y'all! 

8. I have had lots of jobs! I think the last time we counted it was around 15 or 16. My first job was at Bi-Lo. I worked the longest at Jcrew (7 years- two different stores). I have worked a few jobs at a time! After college, I've worked mainly in the non-profit and teaching! One job I've never had is being a waitress. 

9. I grew up being scared of dogs. I once jumped on my friend, Claudia's porch railing when her dog came out barking at me. Now, I'm a crazy animal lady! You can often find me trying to rescue animals on the side of the road!

10. I love roasted broccoli and could eat an entire bag at one time!

11. George Clooney filmed the movie, Leatherheads, in my town. Our whole town was on "Clooney Watch". Literally, the news had a segment each day talking about the sightings of Clooney.They were looking for extras for the movie, so I signed up! It was a lot of fun having my hair and make up done and playing a cheerleader! Of course, being an extra is not all that glamorous as you mostly sit around and wait all day. I am in the background of one scenes. George and John Krasinski (from the Office) were on the field  while we filmed...So there's my claim to fame! :)



And here are the questions that Kristal asked me...

1. What do you love about blogging?
    I have enjoyed blogging about my family for almost 4 years now. It is a great way to look back. My husband's grandmother, Gigi, turns all of my blog posts into a scrapbook each year for Owen and Lily Caroline. I have also enjoyed meeting friends that I otherwise would not have through blogging.

2. What does a typical day look like for you?
    My days usually begin with Owen coming into our room saying good morning. I wish that I could get up early and get things done but I haven't gotten there yet! 

3. Do you have any "guilty pleasure" TV shows? 
      The Bachelor!

4. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
      At the beach!

5. What's the most important thing I should know about you?
      That my faith and family are most important to me

6. What's one place you have to visit in your lifetime?
      Europe

7. Do you have any summer vacation destinations you visit yearly? 
    One of our favorite summer spots is Pawley's Island, SC...Seth lived there before we got married. It is a quaint beach town that we love!
     
8. Do you prefer the ocean or mountains? OCEAN

9. What's your favorite flower? 
      Hydrangeas! We have a huge hydrangea plant in our backyard!

10. If you could do anything without fear of failure, what would it be? I would love to start an Etsy shop with some of the crafty things I make...However, I am too much of a perfectionist when it comes to crafting...so that keeps me from doing it!

11. Do you get up early or stay up late? Stay up late! 

**Here are my questions for the girls I tagged...

1. What is your favorite thing to do on a Saturday?
2. Where is your favorite place to shop?
3. What is your favorite childhood memory?
4. Would you rather cook or eat out?
5. What is something you have learned being a mom that you didn't expect?
6. If you had an unlimited budget to spend on a vacation, where would you go?
7. What is your favorite book?
8. What is the best thing about your hometown?
9. Do you prefer a small town or big city?
10. If you had a $1000 to spend on anything, what would it be?
11. What are your favorite blogs?

2 comments:

  1. I LOVED learning more about it!! Several of your answers are so "me". No doubt we were meant to be friends! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! Really learned a lot about you and I think you are totally adorable as a 50's cheerleader!

    ReplyDelete