
In honor of my mom's birthday, I decided to make my grandmother's brown sugar pound cake recipe for her. (my mom gave me a collection of my grandmother's recipes for Christmas). My grandmother died when I was very young so unfortunately I don't remember her. Today as I was making the recipe, I felt as if I had a chance to get to know her a little bit. Even though this recipe is not the healthiest, the pound cake turned out tasty!
Here's the recipe if you'd like to try it...
Brown Sugar Pound Cake (Rose Ellen Hames)
Cream together 1 pound butter and 1 pound brown sugar. Beat in six eggs one at a time. Sift together 4 cups of flour, one teaspoon cinnamon and one teaspoon salt. (The recipe also calls for 1 pound of nuts and one pound of chopped dates but I left these out). Mix together. Bake in tube pan at 325 degrees for 1 hour and a half.











No comments:
Post a Comment