Sunday, January 30, 2011

Over the Hills and Through the Woods...

We packed it up (basically the ENTIRE house including our two dogs!!), squeezed into our Camry and headed 7 hours to Circleville, Ohio to visit Grandma and Grandma Burns. Our biggest life saver was our portable dvd player-if you have a small child, this is a must have item for a car trip!! The trip up was not too bad considering that we were completely cramped! But we survived!!



The day after we got there, it snowed several inches! It was beautiful. We saw temperatures that I don't think I've seen before! Owen enjoyed going sledding for the first time. Well, actually, he just looked like he didn't know what we were doing...but nonetheless!





While we were there, we enjoyed spending time with Grandma and Grandpa Burns and staying warm! Grandma really spoiled us with her delicious meals! We also played card games, even though they beat us, we still had fun!



She also spoiled me by taking me to her church's fabric room. She has a group of women who sew quilts and banners for her church. They get together twice a month-sounds like so much fun to me! People from the community donate fabric to them and she let me pick out some fabric. It was like a kid being in a candy store! I picked out some of the cutest fabrics, I cannot wait to begin some new projects.



Grandma and I also spent time making a few things. We made Owen a fringed scarf, a pair of pants, and some skirts for me! I enjoyed learning from her.



Aunt Pat, Uncle Paul, Aunt Bev, Uncle Dave, and Aunt Ruth all came to visit while we were there. They surprised me with a birthday cake, it was yummy! I think that with all of Grandma's cooking (and she has a sweet with most meals!), I gained about 10 pounds!!

We had such a great time visiting and hope to go back soon!





Speaking of Grandma's cooking...here's her Baked French Toast recipe, you should try it!

Baked French Toast

1 stick margarine or butter
1 tablespoon corn syrup
1 cup packed brown sugar

Mix and melt over medium-low heat. Spray bottom of 9x13 inch pan and pour mixture in pan.
Arrange thick bread slices on top of mixture.

Mix in blender: 5 eggs, 1 1/2 cups milk and 1 tsp. vanilla
Pour over bread slices, covering all.
Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
Remove foil and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
~Syrup's in the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment