If you don't know...I love country music! Over the past few years, we've visited Nashville and I love it there! For my big birthday this year, I thought it would be fun to go! (To keep my mind off of the new age bracket that I'm now in!) Even though Owen was getting in a new tooth, we were busy talking with our realtor about accepting an offer (yay), and a little winter weather...we had a good time! We actually stayed in Franklin, a town outside of Nashville. We went to the Factory, which had fun antique shops, and out to Puckett's grocery for lunch.
After lunch, Seth was busy taking care of work business and Owen was napping...so I took advantage and headed downtown Franklin to do some window shopping! They have the cutest shops. I was in heaven at Landmark Books, an old historic home that has been turned into a book store. The owner was so helpful and I am enjoying the new book I got! But the most fabulous treat I found was this...
An "I Do" cupcake from IveyCake! The BEST cupcake that I have ever had! I'm drooling just thinking about it! It was vanilla with butter cream icing! Seth had a Boston Creme Pie cupcake that he basically ate in one bite! If you're ever in Franklin, you must stop at IveyCake! It is the cutest, little shop!
On the way home, we made one last stop...at the Country Music Hall of Fame! It was so neat to learn more about the history of country music, see memorabilia such as Elvis's cadillac and piano, famous guitars, and beautiful dresses worn by Dolly, Patsy Cline, Reba, and others.


The first dress was worn recently by Carrie Underwood at the CMAs. When I saw it on tv, I didn't really like it. However, when I saw it in person, it is beautiful. You can't really tell from the picture but it is so sparkly and shines!
Our trip was short but sweet! It was a fun way to celebrate my 30th! (Yikes-there it is in print!)











No comments:
Post a Comment