This morning, we said goodbye to our beloved pup, Mollie Shay. We are so broken hearted but glad she is not sick anymore. She has been our loyal friend and companion for almost 8 years. We are going to miss her so much-she was part of our family.
She was diagnosed with Congestive Heart Failure back in November. This past week, we knew that she wasn't feeling well. We are very thankful that we were both home with her.
After we were married, I really wanted our other dog, Sadie to have a friend. I saw a picture of her on Pet finder and knew she was the one! We brought her home on Halloween 2006 and I just knew that she and Sadie would be best friends...well, that plan didn't go so well at first. Mollie was stand offish and didn't want to have anything to do with us. We thought about sending her back. Eventually, she warmed up to us and was part of our family.
She was the perfect definition of a lap dog. She loved riding in the car. We took her as many places as we could-she'd been to NC, TN, FL, Ohio and through lots of states in between! She loved the beach and turned into a different dog there. She would run so fast and chase the birds. She once jumped off of a jetti into the ocean. I thought she would drown but she popped right back up and started swimming.
When we brought Owen home from the hospital, she wouldn't leave my side.
It's safe to say Owen was pretty fond of her!
The time she was in the Rubber Ducky Dog Parade
She was definitely spoiled rotten!
She was spunky, happy, the original "Chubs", and just our best friend! We already miss her like crazy! I hope that when I reach heaven, she'll be waiting at the gate for me!
















I'm so sorry :( Its so hard to loose a member of the family - dogs are completely that.
ReplyDeleteLooks like she had a wonderful life with your family.
Sad to hear this! :-(
ReplyDeleteMy heart breaks for your loss. I completely understand how dogs become a member of the family & the void that is left when we say goodbye. :(
ReplyDelete